Keyboard : Consideration of rational keyboard layout protokey layout
Benefits of qwerty placement
Since it is the de facto standard, it can be used on almost all devices at a single learning cost.
Qwerty placement issues
Keyboard layout is not rationalized
As a result of considering the range of fingers that can be touch-typed, a 40% keyboard with a total of 48 keys in 12 rows and 4 columns is selected.
Key value for each finger (left) and key layout priority (right)
Priority of each finger The smaller the number, the higher the priority
↑ ring finger 薬指 middle finger 中指 index finger 人差し指 little finger 小指 ↓
Since the burden on the little finger is very high, the priority of the little finger is set low to reduce the burden on the little finger.
Since there are many keys in charge of the index finger, set the priority low
Following the Dvorak placement, vowels are placed with reference to frequency
Place qw zxcv, a key that is rarely used and frequently used as a shortcut key, on the left side without moving it from the qwerty key layout.
Arranged on the right side in descending order of alphabetic frequency
Frequently used ,. Placed in the lower center
The numbers in the purple frame on the right are the finger priorities
The upper row is easier to enter than the lower row
Complete by assigning keys based on the frequency of the alphabet
Yellow > key not moved from qwerty placement Red > vowels Blue > Frequently used consonants Green > Keys that haven't moved much from the qwerty keyboard layout
- DIY keyboard : 40% keyboards [protokey]
- DIY keyboard : Explains the sounds and types of 130 types of mechanical key switch testers
- DIY keyboard: How to make aerial wiring with LED prototype keyboard type-a
- DIY keyboard : What is QWERTY keyboard origin ? What are the problems with QWER
- DIY keyboard : Kailh key switch 24 things review
- DIY keyboard : 40% Keyboard
- DIY keyboard: How to make Handwired DIY keyboard qmk_firmware Protokey type B
- DIY keyboard : handwired #1
- DIY keyboard : qmk firmware #2
Thank you for watching until the end. I'm glad if you can use it as a reference.
We will continue to update useful information. I am delighted to jump to your help. Thank you very much.